Cardiologists are doctors that have a special understanding of the heart and how it works. Cardiac diseases are among the greatest public health challenges of our time. In recent years, improved understanding of cardiac disease has led to new and effective treatments, offering fresh hope to many patients.
The Cardiology department at Genesis Hospital provides personalized care. Patients can be referred by their family doctor or a hospital clinical team.This service is ideal for individuals who have uncontrolled high blood pressure, episodes of chest pain or may require arrhythmia management.
The cardiology team uses preventive therapy and comprehensive testing to assess a patient’s risk of developing cardiac disease. We specialize in finding, treating, and preventing heart attacks, heart failure, heart rhythm disturbances and diseases of theheart and blood vessels. Our team of cardiologists in Nigeria works with you and your primary care physician. It is important for you to understand your illness and be an active participant in your own care.
Conditions Treated include:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Chest pain
- Congenital heart disease
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart attack
- High cholesterol levels
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Valvular heart diseases
Tests for cardiology:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): a soundwave picture to look at the structure and function of the heart
- Ambulatory ECG: a soundwave picture carried out during activity to look for abnormal heart rhythms
- Cardiac Stress Tests: series of tests to measure your heart’s performance and limitations
- Echocardiograms: an ultrasound scan of the heart to view all the inner structure